Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

team eternity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Eternal Soldiers are cleaning up! Keep your account active by posting in the roll call or your account will be disabled!

BF1942 crashes or bugs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4l7
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

BF1942 crashes or bugs Empty
PostSubject: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 am

I have had a problem that iv had on 2 PCs now whilst running bf1942-
Im not sure if its bf1942 or the DC mod,

When i exit the program by pressing Tilde (~) then typing 'quit' the program closes immediately, which is fine, but
on at least 2 PCs it will occasionally cause a BSOD Shocked

The last PC i remember doing this was an Athlon X2 64 with an Asus all-in-one mobo , i suspected that id pulled the keyboard
or mouse just too many times when it staarted to coencide with loss of keyboard control,
i used this as part of the excuse to myself that i needed to upgrade my PC (as you do Smile )
and so i went out and got a ASUS P5KPl /1600 and a Q9550 cpu.
all has been running great, till last night it BSODed on exit pale !!

i will refrain from complaining about byuing the new PC, but wtf?

i cant seem to find much info on bf1942 crashes at all, and its not the kind of thing i want to try
to reproduce.. i like my HDDs as they are...

has anybody else seen this ???
Back to top Go down
tigercorp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
tigercorp

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:15 am

mate, thats weird, never seen that. That's how I close out and I've probably DC'd on 9 or 10 diff pcs over the years.

Hell, come to think of it, I can only think of 2 BSOD I've seen in the past couple of years.

Is that the only time those pc's freak?
Back to top Go down
4l7
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 am

Is that the only time those pc's freak?[/quote]

Unfortunately so Razz

im a pc tech, so i too have seen DC on countless PCs, i agree its weird,
i keep my gaming pc realy clean too, and monitored, no overclocks
or the like...

i even bought new keyboard and mouse,
the only thing thats the same between the new and old PC is
the usage of the PS/2 port for the keyboard-
occasionally, holding down several buttons (like crouching and aiming for a minute)
will cause a beep, so thats not great either, maybe ill try and
use USB addaptor and see if it happens again...

It only happens when exiting via console-
i have left bf1942 running for 24 hours+ at times, and no problems,
but every now and then on console exit- bang -bluescreen Question
Back to top Go down
SoulSwiper
Private
Private
SoulSwiper

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:07 am

This happens to be amd system new one? if so its evil... i kinda run my system on intel no bsods with mah new computer o_O
Back to top Go down
morte
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Its a modded game, unstable at the best of times. Maybe try quiting with the in game buttons, might take awhile but its quicker than a BSOD:D
Back to top Go down
SoulSwiper
Private
Private
SoulSwiper

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:46 pm

or just alt f4 it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pseudo
Scrim Team
Scrim Team

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:23 pm

what soul said. ALT + F4. but you should know that being a PC tech as the key combo is the default combo to close an application Suspect

your BSOD most likely is an IRQ issue. try and read what is on screen when u get BSOD. if its too quick you can set it to do a small memory dump and view the files later to see what the issue is. most likely some hardware or driver causing and IRQ. IRQ is the interupt sequence. if you get a request from a device or driver that is less or equal to the current one then it poops itself. im guessing that by having the console it is leaving some code behind which is holding the interupt sequence up and... BOINK BSOD :'(

i know if i have consle open between map loads it will crash my game
Back to top Go down
http://manjamclan.com
4l7
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 pm

thanks 4 the info on that 1 guys~

last time it happened (on an AMD system) i removed the force reboot from BSODs via the registry, and from
memory found it was a keboard related problem,
thank flux it has only happened once on my new box (which is an intel) so i havnt
been able to get any info on it yet, interesting about the console between level loading crash-
it hasnt happened since, i hope it stays that way, but ill be sure to post results on that too if it does-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF1942 crashes or bugs   BF1942 crashes or bugs Empty

Back to top Go down

BF1942 crashes or bugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternity :: Members lounge :: Desert Combat chat-
Jump to: